Everything You Need to Know About the Ratified 2023-2027 NJ State Executive Branch Contract
After many months of tough negotiations, and working under a contract that expired in June, CWA-NJ members have ratified a four-year contract for State Executive Branch members.
This Agreement not only has the strongest compensation package we have won in over 15 years, but there are no givebacks. Thanks to the solidarity of our membership during bargaining, this contract protects our health benefits and sets up continuing work on issues like telework and civil service reforms.
Everything you need to know about the contract is below, but if you have any specific or personal questions, please contact your staff representative.
- Summary of the Contract is a comprehensive summary itemizing all the new negotiated terms
- Projected 2023-2027 Salary Schedules are new salary charts showing all increases and a new Step 11
- Unsure of your Step or anniversary date? Log into your NJGEID account through the CSC to find out. Please keep in mind this site may not be fully up to date, but we are sharing it as a tool for members who cannot access this information through their department’s intranet.
- Full Text of the Contract is all negotiated terms and contract language
- Memorandum of Agreement: Telework
- Memorandum of Agreement: CSC Out of Title Work
- Memorandum of Agreement: CSC Supervisory Duties
- Initial Announcement of TA - September 28, 2023
Retroactive Pay and Clothing Maintenance Allowance
The new salaries reflecting our 3.5% increase will take effect on pay period 24 (November 4, 2023) and will be reflected in the paycheck issued on November 24, 2023. Clothing maintenance allowance payments will also be issued on November 24.
The State has given us the date of February 9, 2024 for issuing retroactive monies for the 3.5% across-the-board. CWA is trying to have that retro date moved up sooner.
We will keep you posted with any new developments.